Sunday, June 1, 2014

In Which I Have Very Little to Say

This morning before breakfast I spent about an hour and a half writing a lengthy, thoughtful post to weigh in on the latest round of romance bashing sparked by a recent article in the New Republic. I reviewed some of the responses--in the Washington Post, Kirkus Reviews, and Eloisa James' interview on vulture.com--but when all was said and done I decided not to let anyone read it. Once I got my annoyance at the New Republic piece off my chest, I realized I had said everything I wanted to say on the subject in my last post.

I am weary of the argument, and extremely tired of listening to people who haven't even bothered to read the books they denigrate. And so I will bow out of the discussion, close my browser windows, kick back on the patio in the sun, and bury my nose in a book.


4 comments:

  1. Actually, it was a book about Mrs. Chadwick. :) I don't like to read romance while I'm in the middle of writing one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an excellent plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better now that you've got that off your chest.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Clevelanders are tough, a bit cynical, and just a little crazy, and Marin McGinnis is no exception. She writes tales of Victorian-era romance. When she's not chasing after big dogs or watching small children skate around Ohio hockey rinks, you can find her hanging out here, on her group blog at http://throughheartshapedglasses.com/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/MarinMcG, or on Twitter @MarinMcGinnis.

Search This Blog