Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hello!

Yes, I've taken the plunge, and have started my own blog. I have been part of a group blog (New Kids on the Writer's Block) for a year or so, but have been feeling the need to spread my wings a bit, so here I am.  I am a new writer with no published work to my credit, unless you count a few law-related articles (which I don't). Since I started writing seriously about two years ago, I have spent more time learning about how to write than actually writing, but I figure everyone needs to start somewhere.

I write historical romance set in Victorian England.  My husband told me the other day that he thinks I like research more than writing.  It is true I love exploring the little factoids that bring history to life, but I love the writing part too--it's just a lot harder.

This blog explores my writing journey, including those little historical detours that fascinate and distract me. Thanks for joining me for the ride.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marin,

    Enjoyable post on Victorian 'reading material' especially that which women favored. We tend to forget that some of those works we consider classics now, i.e. Dickens (and even some in American) had their beginnings as serialized stories in newspapers or magazines.

    Good luck with you new blog.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Clevelanders are tough, a bit cynical, and just a little crazy, and Marin McGinnis is no exception. She writes tales of Victorian-era romance. When she's not chasing after big dogs or watching small children skate around Ohio hockey rinks, you can find her hanging out here, on her group blog at http://throughheartshapedglasses.com/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/MarinMcG, or on Twitter @MarinMcGinnis.

Search This Blog